Thursday, May 21, 2009

Remake Of "Fear Factor" In The Works

I'm producing a reality show that I hope will be picked up for the 2009-2010 season. Because the television networks have been cutting costs, I'm putting my detective show on hold. All the networks have passed on my crime show about an alcoholic bipolar homicide detective and his sexy young female partner who work the streets of South Central L.A. looking for murdered tourists. Even filming in Vancouver would be too expensive, so even though CBS likes the pilot script, it's just too expensive to film, especially if I get my first choice, Christian Slater, who commands a high salary. ABC was initially interested. They wanted Pauly Shore for the lead, but he wanted too much money and his own trailer, so they passed. It's all about the budget, so that's why I'm switching to reality shows. I'm pitching my new show, called "Dumb Factor," a remake of "Fear Factor," which ran on NBC from 2001-2006. For $5,000, contestants will bungee-jump off a freeway overpass with an extremely frayed rope. The cars will run over the contestants until someone is stupid enough to get out and help, also getting splattered onto the pavement in slow-motion. This scenario will keep repeating until the commercial break. All that we'll see after the commercial will be a bunch of dead bodies and a massive pile-up of Camrys. The winners will now compete for the second stunt, jumping out of an airplane with a placebo parachute, after which an Internet poll will be taken for the viewer to guess the winner. For those wanting to be a contestant, sign-ups will be on our website at www.stupididiot.com . This show will be perfect for ABC's schedule, because they're in the process of canceling all scripted shows.

3 comments:

  1. This is very funny yet so true. The networks are just filling up their schedules with mind-numbing reality shows. At least this one I'd watch. Too bad about the Pauly Shore project. Now that would be really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's my kind of reality show. On the other hand, Christian Slater would probably take a pay cut for another shot at TV after his awful show My Own Worst Enemy. Your cop show sounds a lot better. I'd definately watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Paul is onto something! I think it has an all IQ viewership, it has legs (and arms), it has sponsorship, especially in the laundry detergent category. I think that this could even bring American made cars out of their slump, with a different kind of stimulus package. :-0

    ReplyDelete