Monday, April 27, 2009

63% Of Americans Cutting Back On Entertainment!

Because of the uncertainty in the economy, Americans have drastically cut back on entertainment. A Time magazine poll puts the number at 63% who are spending less on things such as dining out and going to movies and sporting events. Gun sales are up. Liquor sales are up. People are staying home and getting drunk while watching television and protecting their property from the newly unemployed who have turned to crime. Even with other options such as video games and the internet, people are watching television in record numbers. The major TV networks are cutting back on scripted shows in favor of cheaper reality programming. It makes me want to shoot my TV. Luckily there's cable, and that's where the viewers are going. With quality movies, TV shows, and the incredibly popular news outlets CNN and MSNBC, cable TV is the future of home entertainment. I've set my DVR for tonight's 8 p.m. showing of Disney's "Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen". Right now I'm getting drunk and watching Keith Olbermann.

2 comments:

  1. I'm watching Keith Olbermann and oiling my shotgun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you know that 71% of all rumors are true?

    ReplyDelete